Chapter: Manners of ehram
Names of meeqaat and wearing ehram at meeqat
(1) Zhu al-Hulaifah: At a distance of approximately 10 Kms From Madinah Sharif towards Makkah a miqaat meant for those who come from Madinah Munawwara. Now this place is called “Abyar e Ali”.
(2) ZaatuIrq: This Miqaat is for those who come from the direction of Iraq.
(3) Yalamlam: This is the Miqaath for the citizens of Yeman. This is also a Miqaatfor Pakistanis and Indians.
(4) Juhfa: This is the Miqaat for those who come from Syria.
(5) Qarn Al-Manazil : This is the Miqaat for those who come from Najd (Present day Riyadh). This place is near Taif.
If someone travels through aircraft to land at Jeddah Airport, he would come across the Miqaath while flying. Hence, it is better for him to wear ihram and abide by all the codes of conduct before he embarks for Jeddah.